Safety2006

A travelog of an April 2006 journey to Durban South Africa for the 8th World Conference in Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion (click on photos to enlarge & click comments to contribute)

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Departure Day Arrives!


Looks like I have everything except the coat and rain gear I will need for the short excursion from Heathrow to London duirng a 11 hour stayover.









The poster container is sure going to be a pain.











Well all great journeys begin with the first step! Oops!

While this mishap was staged I did logon to find out one of my return flights had been cancelled. Fortunately it turned out just to be a flight/name change. I am good to go!

The feedback I have gotten already is nice. One friend suggested I focus on foods which sounds like a great idea. My meal mates and waiters may question why I keep pulling out my camera for each meal, but hey, if I am serious about this I have to roll with the punches.

A focus on people is an obvious choice to, as are places. So between food, people and places this thing is going to expand rapidly over the next 10 days.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose that it is no accident that there is a snow shovel in the picture. Did you hire a nice young man to shovel for Jennifer in case it snows while you are gone?
People, food, places are fine, but I want to see pictures of South Africans on BMWer's. Check out: www.bmwmotorrad.co.za/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home